Truefaced Guidebook

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Question 1

As we examine our questions about motives today, I would like to add another example. Our book gives the example, if we're motivated by money, we will value lucrative careers and people who can help us make money. It will influence us to pursue certain education, experience, and jobs. We get the word motion from motive; our motives ultimately determine our actions. God designed us this way.
My example : If we're motivated by power , we will gravitate towards ways to have power. We will want people and jobs that give us power. We will want to pursue ways that will help us feel in control and have power.
As I realize that sometimes people are mistaken by thinking that doing things Jesus' way will provide them with more money. I wonder if I have thought Jesus' way would give me more control ? It won't of course, however that is not the point. The point is that we are talking about our motives ,thus learning what human quality about ourselves keeps prompting us to put up those masks, rather than be real.
I think that we place into motion those things that seemed to work for others . If it seemed that anger worked as vehicle to gain power for someone in our childhood perhaps we are inclined to want to use that same vehicle now. Even though we know it to be wrong and not God's way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home