Truefaced Guidebook

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Questions 3-4-5 ....3. I feel betrayed . The book brings out how this is how many living in the land of "doing just fine" often feel betrayed. It is strange that it takes so long to realize why and whose fault it really was. I have to constantly remind myself not to look back but to be glad I have good future ahead if I keep going the way I am now. That is , learning how to enter the room of "trusting God" rather than "pleasing God." When you felt betrayed how did you respond or resolve to protect yourself? I won't let anyone "pretend to love me" . I did it so long I forgot how to let God love me too. It was a sad way to cope. Being angry and bitter towards those who faked their Christianity and judged and were critical of me has only caused a mess that I have been hiding under various masks . However, I am now learning how to take masks off so the fresh wonderful breeze of the HOLY SPIRIT can come and heal these wounds. I even announce my anguish and dislike of His will. He and I know it is there in my flesh . I pray,LORD be merciful to me a sinner. There is nothing else that I need but His mercy. There is nothing else that I expect, now, for I believe Him now. I trust.
4.This question deals with that time when I use to seek for answers in self help books and religious formula books. I now know God will never be put in a formula. Although He never changes He allows Himself to be to us as He chooses not as we choose. I try to come to Him expecting "anything" . They say to name one issue from this list that it is as if you are holding together with bailing wire or duck tape. I know what they mean, and it is so. I still have those areas that I have been holding together. Just recently I decided to admit , to someone I just needed their help with something that she and I know I can do, but just can not be able to do. I have been holding it up, telling myself I can not have any fun til I do it. Still , with ample time and even a help from God to keep my computer running I still can not do it. The list is :weaknesses - limitations - needs - self-protection - unmet expectations - imbalance between my character. I think this issue would be under "weaknesses".
5.After years of feeling betrayed by others and then learning how to unburden myself from that I can tell you I have more energy and a much better quality of life. Feelings are a reflection of our thoughts. When our thoughts line up with God's word our feelings will follow, in time. It takes time . Just how long is relevant to when the HOLY SPIRIT makes real to your heart the word you are meditating on. This can come as quickly as you open your heart to the HOLY SPIRIT which is really what this mask taking off is about. The masks quench the SPIRIT .
When the HOLY SPIRIT can speak to you about repentance then the HOLY SPIRIT can also speak to you about good things. Joy in the HOLY GHOST is not just a cliche' .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home