Truefaced Guidebook

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Questions 1-2-3
UNRESOLVED SIN .... As it has turned out , I have one of those. However, I am not here today to tell you about it. Rather I felt like encouraging myself to deal with it. Some sins really make you look bad, or keep compelling you to wear a mask . Then some sins, probably no one would know, except if ........Well, maybe this doesn't happen to you. There are those times nagging way back where I tried to forget . On those unusual days that I remember, I would "think, what made me do that ?" Usually I would feel so uncomfortable about it, I couldn't wait to forget it again. Then as I began receiving God's grace for my sins I began to get braver. So this last time I remembered we were on this subject of unresolved sins. So I plan to approach this subject . Only I think that is what this book is about. To help us approach them with encouragement, that we are forgiven and given grace. It is our reluctance to accept this forgiveness and grace that keeps us from being all that Jesus says we are. So our next chapter to read is To Please or to Trust ?
The Guidebook has titled this Identity. For those who know me already , I have just put on the I will be very helpful mask. I just helped you match up the different titles, so you wouldn't get mixed up. So after you have read the chapter (helpful, helpful me) the first question is: we are asked to reflect on some early motives in our life.
a.what was your inner desire as you were growing up?
b. what things did you enjoy and value?
c.how did your choices reflect your motive and values?
d.as you entered adulthood, identify your:
Basic Motive (What I believed was true....):
Basic Values ( It was important to me that.....)
Important Actions ( so I decided to........)
2. The question here reminds me that if I just give attention to the sin in my life, try to act like a policeman, or even a detective ( in my case) Ha, like I am on a case ! I could get back where I use to be. Not really being with the LORD but trying to please the LORD. I need to be with the LORD in order to receive His help with this unresolved sin, so I pray that I will keep things in perspective. Do I have to over do, to make up for what I know to be there ? No. Do I need to hide ? NO. Can I say, "Lord , be merciful to me a sinner?" Yes. Can I look for His hand of mercy to be extended to me ? Yes.
3.Think about Cain and Abel. What do you think Abel's choice represented an act of faith, but Cain's didn't? (Hint: What do you think the two brothers believed?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home