Truefaced Guidebook

Monday, April 17, 2006

Question 5 (cont.) Ps 38:4-9,Ps 40:12,Ps 51:1-6 Are more passages for us to read. Describe a time when you finally listened to your guilt and took steps to admit your sin to someone you hurt. How did you feel to have your sin resolved ? There was a time when I was bitter over the sin someone else committed. When I confessed my sin of bitterness and my desire to repent I felt great peace. I did not have to say , I forgive you for your sin because that was not my job anyway.
Question 6 The book talks about how we respond to other people's sins and asks if we typically, fight, get angry or hurt back? Do you flee, minimize, rationalize, or spiritualize the hurt away ? You might think to take the time to answer these questions really not important but they are. Here is the reason why. Each one of these responses is a clue to your hiding patterns. You will need to to explore how you hide from truth to be able to discern how to quit hiding from it. Also how you respond to uncomfortable situtations is what prompts you to put on the mask. You know that you have side stepped the issue. Gotten it to a place where it does not hurt so much, but now you have to act like a Christian. So you do. A lot of times it sounds like we are encouraged to do that very thing from our friends and Christian mentors. Some have an idea that to act righteous will bring forth righteousness. Just do it. The better way is to learn that Jesus is there when you are hurt and even if your first impulse is to respond badly ,even when you do respond badly He doesn't leave. He doesn't say, " I saw that anger flare up when she insulted you." And then take off. He is willing to stay right there and let you say, "I am sorry for the way I behaved. Would you please show me what repentance looks like." The quicker we come to Him with our bad behavior the better. He died for us to live a life filled with righteousness , why would He decide to leave because you messed up? He knows your heart. I believe for every heart that love for Him was planted at the time we were formed before the foundations of the world, He looks at the love that will come to birth in our hearts and stays. Never leaves us or forsakes us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home