Truefaced Guidebook

Sunday, August 27, 2006

WEEK FOUR : After reading the chapter Grace Works the questions begin in the guidebook in the chapter titled Safety.
Question 1. Describe a time when someone else's humility brought out compassion and grace in you or a time when some else's pride rebuffed your grace.

This is basically saying, I give grace. If you read the question carefully , the question is put forth as to, "You, grace giving individual, how goes it with your giving grace ? Do some resist you, because they are proud ? Have you found it easier to give grace to a humble person, who is willing to receive it?"

Quite a question , really. Do I give grace ? For the extent I can receive grace, I do. My own humility and pride issues are always a concern. I can hardly keep up with how others are doing on receiving the grace I give them. I mean to tell them by my words and deeds , that they are forgiven. That if they do indeed believe that Jesus is the son of God and that He has taken the punishment for their sins.

That revelation : that we are sinners and in need of grace is in fact one big step. You can not say, "I do not sin, have not sinned, will never sin, thus this grace is a waste." We , human beings, are born in sin. We all need grace. Grace from the beginning, grace today, grace forever .

It has taken me a long time to get over the elder brothers in my life. I did not know that there were people who would be as the elder brother in the story of the prodigal son that Jesus shared with those who wish to enter the kingdom of God.

At the same time it is taking time for me to not be an elder brother. To find the same footing that Jesus stood on when He stood sharing the good news to a fallen world. He did not condemn , but He did not say ,"continue to sin," either. A balance one can barely find in one's own life. I find I must come humbly before my Lord and receive His grace constantly. I find I must , hear from Him daily. The evidence of sin still abounding in our lives is a direct reflection of our not hearing His voice.

This Truefaced Experience book is really about getting where you can do just that, hear His voice, for yourself, not through other people.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home