Truefaced Guidebook

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Question 10 a. In a conversation between John and Bill we see there are two possible ways Bill could respond to John's need for certain issues to be resolved. Response 1 suggests yes let's get to work on those issues. Response 2 says, "I hope you never , get to completely solve those issues.
Which of these two "roads" represents the road less traveled by? Why do you think it has meant all the difference in John's maturing?
What a gift to be supported by someone who is going to say, "Life is about constantly needing Jesus for strength." I will have to admit when I see certain issues rise up in those around me I am sometimes anxious for them to get those issues resolved. However, I am learning to be more Christ centered. I am learning to encourage them to seek Jesus for strength and not be discouraged because the issue still remains to be dealt with.
Question 10 b If we are not called to deal with our "stuff" by striving to change ourselves for the better, then how are we to deal with it?
By learning how to let Jesus see it. (first step) Once I get there the next steps have been easy. By faith acknowledge that Jesus already took the punishment for that sin. (second step) Receive that He is willing to give me grace for that sin, even if I do it again. (third step) This is somewhat harder because I like to think I won't do it again. However, do any of us know we won't sin ? It is our hope of righteousness that is given us that gives us the hope we will not sin. Still I feel I must be ready to receive His grace should this issue come up again. I have this idea that Jesus asks to be able to wash my feet. If I can say "yes" I can receive grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home