Truefaced Guidebook

Monday, January 01, 2007

week 4 questions 7 (cont.) page 63
Pages 65-66 in the book Truefaced Experience gives an analogy of talking to God across a lake. How does that "lake" describe your present realitites ?
In the story "the lake" represents "my sin". The truth is that I can not make the sin go away. It is there. It is suppose to be gone, no, it is that I have been given the same privileges as if my sin was gone, because what Jesus did on the cross for me, is my righteousness.
I want my sin to go away.
I realize I can not make it go away.
I want my sin to go away.
I do not want to continue to sin.
Not because I am worried about whether God will still like me or not.
I want my sin to go away.
It is still there. It is less there than it was, but it is still there. Sin that is less there is bumping into sin I did not know was there. So now a whole big pot hole of sin has to be blotted out. And before it can happen, I have to remain faithful.
That is, remain to have faith, in that it is Jesus Who died on the cross for my sins. Not that any work I can do will help remove this sin.
I must trust God that I am who He says I am. It feels like patience. It feels like , I must have patience. The truth is, I must have trust. I must trust God, these next 5 minutes, I must trust God , this next hour, I must trust God, through the night and when I wake up in the morning, the plan is , to trust God. I trust Him to work on my sin issues. I trust Him to be somehow removing this filthy cesspool of sin . At the same time I want to accept, that it is okay to enjoy the same benefits as one who has no sin. This is what Jesus did for me. He sinned not so that I could be treated as good as Him.
What great love He has for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home