Truefaced Guidebook

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Chapter Four Week Five in the Guidebook pages 80-94
Today we will be on page 80 (Guidebook)
question 1. (read Truefaced, pages 83-84)
What are your early memories of receiving human love?
When I was taught how to read.
Of receiving God's love?
When He showed me an answer to a very troubling problem, in His word.
In our book it talks about Don's family. I thought Don was blessed to have a way to articulate how he saw the love of his family. I am sure so many of us can identify," Arrogance packaged as teaching, control disguised as protection; manipulation wrapped as concern; exploitation marketed as opportunities." Maybe not only in our natural family but how many times the people who become like brothers and sisters to me, have had these same characteristics.
Are your memories of receiving love from others (either in early life or more recently) more like Don's version? No. Explain. I think I shut down to receiving love some where , way back when ? I just didn't want to be loved , but of course what I really wanted was to be loved right. I just had given up. Then I opened up to God's love. If anyone can love right, it would have to be Him. It has changed my life. You now find me on a journey of hope that will give me a new nature that will be able to let others love me again. (As you will notice in my earlier writings, I have a big problem with saints that sin. Their sinning does affect their ability to love right. I will have to get over it. Just give me time. )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home